Missing PDFMaker files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?
M***@adobeforums.com
2008-04-24 23:40:50 UTC
I just installed Adobe Acrobat 8. I am running Vista. When I am trying to create a PDF file, from multiple PDFs or non-PDF files, I get the error, "Missing PDFMaker files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?"

I choose YEs, and it downloads something and then restarts, but it still does not work. Same thing happens every time. Thanks for your help!!!!
Bill@VT
2008-04-25 01:53:50 UTC
Have you updated Acrobat? It is currently at 8.1.2.
m***@adobeforums.com
2008-04-25 09:59:49 UTC
I have exactly the same problem here.

Already updated Windows/office and Acrobat.

I run XP and office 2003, I get the same error.

Someone?
Bill@VT
2008-04-25 11:20:58 UTC
Is PDF Maker shown in WORD? PDF Maker has to be an active plugin for MS Office for these features to work as I recall.
p***@adobeforums.com
2008-09-17 17:32:37 UTC
I have been having this problem as well and could not find a proper solution.

I use Win XP and Office 2007. I had difficulty converting from word to pdf. My Acrobat menu option/tab was not showing in Word but was showing in Excel. Once I got it to show in Word, I was then able to convert to pdf.

Solution: Check the steps provided in this link
<http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=329044>
p***@adobeforums.com
2008-09-17 17:38:00 UTC
I forgot to let you know that for Office Word 2007, to get to the Disabled Items, do the following:

-Click on the office icon (top left corner) and click 'Word Options'
-Click on 'Add-Ins' in the left column
-Go to Manage drop down menu at the bottom and select 'Disabled Items'
-Select Acrobat PDF Maker and click on enable
-Click on OK
-Close MS Word
-Open MS Word and you should see the Acrobat tab.
n***@gmail.com
2014-06-10 10:56:22 UTC
Thanks, this has done the fix!!

Regards,

Nabeel
n***@gmail.com
Just wanted to say THANKS. That solved my problem with Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard saying Missing PDFMaker files. posted 1/7/2016.
I***@adobeforums.com
2009-01-27 14:47:07 UTC
I have installed Acrobat Professional and I am using Office 2007 on a Vista PC.

My system was working good with all PDF features like creating, merging and editing PDF files.

Yesterday, I had to format my PC and I installed all softwares again. However, this time Acrobat Profession is not Working. I can save files as PDF in Office 2007 and can view the resulted PDF files but Acrobat Professional as stand alone product is not working to generate PDF Files and every attempt returns with this message "PDFMaker files." "Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?".

When I run it in repair mode, nothing happens.

PDFMaker COM add-on in Office is enabled and PDF is working in Office 2007 Application. But I am unable to conver an Office 2007 file into PDF when I right click on it in Windows Explorer to convert it into PDF. Similary, when I start the Adobe Acrobat Professional application and I try to creat a PDF file, it doesn't work.

Any help to fix this problem will be highly appreciated.
n***@gmail.com