2 pages per sheet - remove border
C***@adobeforums.com
2004-07-19 17:21:50 UTC
When I print 2 pages per sheet on Letter sized paper, a border appears around each page on the sheet. How do I get rid of that border?
d***@adobeforums.com
2004-07-20 10:29:55 UTC
you don't assuming you are using the n-up feature.
C***@adobeforums.com
2004-07-21 23:10:08 UTC
Sorry I am not familiar with the "n-up" feature.

All I am doing is Printing the document to "Adobe PDF", going to "Properties" then "Layout" and setting "Pages per sheet" equal to "2".

When this prints out it puts a thin black border around each page. I just need to get rid of that border it automatically puts aorund each page on the sheet.

I am really hoping there is some way to do this. I tried looking it up in the complete help but didn't see anything of relevance.
M***@adobeforums.com
2004-07-21 23:15:13 UTC

That's because it's not an Acrobat-specific issue. You get that black line printing from any application.
m***@adobeforums.com
2004-08-29 22:02:00 UTC
Hi!

I have the same problem as Clinton Joseph.
I want to create a PDF on one sheet with several pages on it((2, 4 and sometimes even more pages from Word for example). When creating the PDF from word with the pdf writer set to 2 pages per sheet, a black border/frame involuntarily gets added around each page on the sheet in the PDF document. Is there really not a way to disable this "feature"?

I'm not sure what MarkATS means in his reply above when claiming that it's not an "Acrobat-specific issue". When printing directly from Word to paper using several pages per sheet, no such black border appears on the printout. So it seems to me that it IS an acrobat specific issue.
d***@adobeforums.com
2004-08-30 10:03:24 UTC
No it's not, it's handled by the printer driver. Since you're using a different printer when printing to paper, it is still a driver specific issue and not Acrobat.

The best way to impose pdf pages, would be to get hold of the quite imposing plugin from quite.com. Though this is a commercial solution and will cost ya.
Luke Gilman
2005-02-01 21:10:21 UTC
I ran into the same issue with a mysterioius black border appearing on
pdf documents which were not present on the original (an InDesign
document in my case). I then noticed on the Print wizard that I had
"Page Scaling" set to 'fit to paper'; once I set this to 'none' the
black borders disappeared, though I did have to adjust the document as
some things were getting cropped out inadvertently when printed. Hope
that helps.

Luke Gilman
Graphic Designer
www.gilmancreative.com
Scott Bradley
2023-05-24 16:00:42 UTC
Post by C***@adobeforums.com
When I print 2 pages per sheet on Letter sized paper, a border appears around each page on the sheet. How do I get rid of that border?
There should be a check box for BORDER in the print driver or the software print settings when you select 2-up printing. Make sure it is not checked.