remove line numbers in pdf manuscript
JClark
2010-03-19 20:40:50 UTC
I have Adobe Acrobat 9 and MS Word 2003. I submitted a manuscript to a
publisher in MS Word and got it back in pdf format after annotating
and correcting the proof. I now want to convert that version back
into MS Word to change some things, which was no problem with
Able2Extract, which I purchased just for this. But after conversion
from .pdf to .doc, I still have the "manuscript type" line numbering
all along the left side of each text page. I can't get rid of line
numbering in the Word version (with Page Layout etc), apparently
because it was put there by Adobe. Is there any way I can remove the
line numbering from within the pdf document? There is no "security"
etc to keep me from editing the pdf document.

I know I could go back to my original Word document, but after the
manuscript was accepeted, I did a lot of corrections on the document
from within the pdf file, and it is now quite different from my
original.

Many thanks for any suggestions, or to let me know if it's impossible,
and I can then move on to other issues.

Jack
David H. Lipman
2010-03-19 21:20:09 UTC
From: "JClark" <***@invalid.com>

| I have Adobe Acrobat 9 and MS Word 2003. I submitted a manuscript to a
| publisher in MS Word and got it back in pdf format after annotating
| and correcting the proof. I now want to convert that version back
| into MS Word to change some things, which was no problem with
| Able2Extract, which I purchased just for this. But after conversion
| from .pdf to .doc, I still have the "manuscript type" line numbering
| all along the left side of each text page. I can't get rid of line
| numbering in the Word version (with Page Layout etc), apparently
| because it was put there by Adobe. Is there any way I can remove the
| line numbering from within the pdf document? There is no "security"
| etc to keep me from editing the pdf document.

| I know I could go back to my original Word document, but after the
| manuscript was accepeted, I did a lot of corrections on the document
| from within the pdf file, and it is now quite different from my
| original.

| Many thanks for any suggestions, or to let me know if it's impossible,
| and I can then move on to other issues.

| Jack

Assuming the PDF isn't secured, buy a PDF to Word converter.
--
Dave
JClark
2010-03-20 14:11:20 UTC
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:20:09 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
Post by David H. Lipman
buy a PDF to Word converter
Hi Dave,

Maybe I wasn't clear in the original post. I did actually purchase
Able2Extract, which converted the pdf and doc files back and forth
very nicely. But as I later learned, even when I was successfull in
removing the manuscript line numbering in the pdf version, when
Able2Extract converted it back to MSWord, the lines re-appeared.

I think I'm just going to have to live with them. It really isn't that
critical. I was just trying to learn.

I'll keep working on it. If you have any other thoughts, I'd be
grateful. I think most of the problem is my lack of experience with
Adobe, even things like text boxes, etc. So I'm getting very friendly
with the "Help" section, as I should. But I couldn't find anything
about the line numbering in Adobe (plenty in Word), so that's why I
posted the request.

Jack
e***@gmail.com
2019-01-27 03:44:50 UTC
I need video for lines number delete for PDF left and right. JavaScript code